AbstractThe fast-paced evolution of the healthcare niche creates a critical demand for innovative learning methods and techniques to help students become effective specialists after graduation. Consequently, the education niche needs to adopt new technologies and adjust its learning processes. The American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) created nine necessities that help keep the quality of teaching at a heightened level because of the need to update and improve studying practices (AACN, 2011).
IntroductionThe rising demand for top-tier experts in the healthcare niche forces a lot of nurses to pursue achieving the highest criteria in education. Unfortunately, it's challenging to find the right way of studying to become professional experts. The fast development of the world needs the healthcare industry to adapt quickly. In essence, students who get higher education in nursing need to know how to obtain the most relevant knowledge to offer services of top quality. The rapid changes in the healthcare niche need a lot of innovations in learning to help undergraduates become young adopters of the best new technologies and practices.
AACN EssentialsIn 1994, the AACN Board of Directors developed the fundamental elements of nursing in master's education. The elements would act as the basic components of all progressive practice roles in nursing. According to the AACN Board of Directors, such practices must be incorporated into the advanced nursing education and enforced in their practice (AACN, 2011).
The nine necessities of a master's education in nursing help learners understand what skills and knowledge they need to become experienced specialists. They help undergraduates learn in the right way to become experts who can tackle challenging tasks. The nine essentials developed by AACN are:
- Experience in Sciences and Humanities. Learners need to use the acquired information for future healthcare niche enhancement. It implies integrating clients' data and promoting evidence-based interventions. Also, they need to share information about patients to increase the quality of care. All the data has to be stored responsibly to avoid sensitive information leaks.
- Organizations and Systems Leadership. Nursing undergraduates have to accentuate the decision-making approach to provide care of top quality. Also, they need to have a coherent vision of an organization's goals and missions. It can help set and achieve correct goals in cooperation with other experts who may be required to be led by a professional healthcare specialist.
- Quality Improvement and Safety. Learners should always promote safety and top-quality treatment for patients. Learners need to conduct research, determine best practices, and deliver reports. Meanwhile, they need to follow the best practices already set in the industry, not underestimate the existing achievements.
- Incorporating Scholarships into Practice. Students need to use their course outcome research in practice, understand risks, and deliver research-based recommendations. By applying the learned knowledge, students make discoveries fast and assess them from the nursing perspective.
- Informatics and Healthcare Technologies. It poses nursing researchers as technology adopters to use cutting-edge tools for communication with patients and colleagues. Also, they need to be capable of using digital tools to manage an organization's processes effectively.
- Health Policy and Advocacy. Undergraduates who obtain a master's degree in nursing need to stay updated about the current issues that affect the industry. Also, they should network with other nurse executives to understand the current channels for advocacy.
- Interprofessional Collaboration. Nurses who acquire a master's degree should collaborate with experts from medical and non-medical niches to acquire knowledge from different niches. Incorporating specialists from different industries makes it possible to learn more discoveries fast, examine existing from a different angle, and find innovative solutions.
- Clinical Prevention and Population Health. Learners should be capable of working with different populations and communities. They need to provide research-based reports to prevent the development of health issues.
- Master's-Level Nurse Practice. A nurse that obtains a master's degree should integrate knowledge into practice. They need to understand all the care elements and positively impact the healthcare results.
How I Will Use the AACN Essentials for My Future Graduate Course WorkWhen undertaking my graduate coursework, I will be able to use AACN necessities in interpreting a wide array of published nursing study materials. These will be fundamental in building my comprehension of various nursing skills, learning, and concepts essential in the nursing profession. The AACN necessities will also aid me in analyzing various data obtained from relevant nursing sources. This provides knowledge that can be used during the delivery of professional nursing care to patients (AACN, 2011). Ultimately, I will understand all the AACN essentials, which are applicable to the master's education in the nursing degree program.
How I Will Use the AACN Concepts Learned in the Course in My Future Learning PracticeBy using the AACN roles in my future practice, I will be in a position to assess the varied nursing roles delegated to me in a health care clinical setting as a master's-prepared nurse. I will also be in a position to incorporate professional nursing values, accountability, and services when planning for my personal and intellectual goals in nursing. In addition, I will use the AACN necessities when planning for my nursing career development. Ultimately, I will be able to demonstrate effective technological, written, and verbal communication standards during my practice, especially when transferring knowledge on the issues affecting the nursing profession.
ConclusionIn conclusion, I have learned much about AACN essentials during this course. The necessities will aid me in interpreting published research materials. It will also allow me to interpret nursing information data from applicable sources. This proficiency in nursing will also aid me in understanding all the necessary AACN necessities required in the master's nursing degree. In my forthcoming training, I will be able to blend professional nursing significance, accountability standards, and services when formulating personal and intellectual goals in my nursing career.
ReferencesAACN. (2011, March 21). The Essentials of Master's Education in Nursing. American Association of Colleges of Nursing, 1-64. Retrieved June 21, 2016, from http://www.aacn.nche.edu/education-resources/MastersEssentials11.pdf
Cite this page
Essay Sample on American Association of Colleges of Nursing Essentials. (2017, Nov 23). Retrieved from https://speedypaper.net/essays/principle-for-distributing-the-costs-of-tackling-climate-change
If you are the original author of this essay and no longer wish to have it published on the SpeedyPaper website, please click below to request its removal:
- Free Essay with Disadvantages of Buying Hybrid Vehicles
- Free Essay Sample on the Most Environmentally Friendly Companies
- Cleaning System for PV Panels Problem Statement Example
- Essay Example about Tourism in Beijing
- Literary Essay Sample on Behind the Beautiful Forevers by Katherine Boo
- Free Essay on the Race Issue in Today America
- Free Essay Sample on Toxic Environment