800 Word Essay Sample: Examples of College Assignments
Most often are times when an individual gets judged and conclusions made because of the physical traits that lead to misconceptions. People do not take a chance to understand a person but rather draw conclusions on the grounds of appearance, physical attributes, race or color (Kirszner and Mandell 319). The mistaking of individuals can be the form of a positive trait or a negative trait. People get misjudged for being good while spending time with them shows otherwise. Some people are perceived as bad only to realize the opposite after spending time together. The misperception is a common trait that manifests in many people who opt to judge people based on their physical characteristics. This manifests in the form of race, gender, appearance or even dressing. The character in “The Gayest” story by Brett Krutzsch also demonstrates that sexual orientation can also be a basis for discrimination by people (Kirszner and Mandell 317). Such stereotypes are usually prejudicial and ill-informed as depicted in the experience below.
I understood how misperception and stereotyping could bring adverse effects during the holidays when I attended a friend’s birthday party at a restaurant. People from different races were present with the majority being Americans. Everything went on well till it was time for the serving of meals. The server went around asking everyone what they would like to have. When it was almost my turn, an American who sat next to me said after giving his order “as for this one, you can give him anything you get, you know these people eat everything.” The stern look on his face was a clear indication that the guy meant every bit of what he said. Although I had seen on several occasions, we had never interacted before. I was taken aback by his statement, and I started pondering on the meaning of his words. I was sure that it was no joke since I was a total stranger to him. I came to realize later that he meant that the Chinese could eat anything including animals like snakes, lizards and the like. This stereotype automatically qualified me to eat anything that was available in the party.
800 Word Paper Sample
With my upbringing, there were many meals of Chinese origin. Also, I am very selective on my meals, especially if not prepared at home. As a result, I felt disrespected by the insinuation that Chines people can eat anything. Therefore, I expressed my disapproval of the statement. Surprisingly, the issue brought up a heated debate with those seated at our table joining. Some stated that it was true that Chinese eat anything but others had a different opinion that it is not always the case. I realized that most people were of a similar opinion that Chinese people have weird eating habits as compared to the rest of the world. The primary source of this stereotype was the media through the various movies that people had watched where Chines actors ate odd things. In the end, the person did not apologize but brushed the issue off saying, “let us leave that story.” Therefore, I decided to put the issue to bed to avoid drawing any unnecessary attention. I then ordered a regular diet as I always do. However, I felt that the utterances were very offensive and the guy should apologize while others thought it was right.
My experience at the restaurant corresponds to the story “Just Walk On” by Staples. The young black journalist is facing discrimination due to his African-American origin. The experience started when he was a graduate (Staples and Brent 38). She met a girl in her twenties who ran away from him when she felt that the distance between them was too short. The guy felt that he was conspicuously different from other people in the vicinity simply because of his color. Whenever he went to the streets, all drivers were slamming their doors in fear of him. The black people seem to thieves. Therefore, whenever he went to any premises to look for stories to publish, most people would take him for a thief and raise the alarm. Additionally, the branding of single women in China as leftover women is another bias with a clear indication of how the society can wrongly brand people (Magistad, 2013). This is another negative perception against the Chinese women who are not married, including the widowed and the unmarried by choice. Also, the Laurie and Mandell
In conclusion, there exists a variety of common national stereotypes. Misperception by appearance is an importantly born trait in our society that leads to a bias against a particular group of people. It is not uncommon to be mistaken for what you are not when interacting with other people. Many individuals have been labeled inappropriately and suffered adverse consequences such as beating to death due to such misconceptions. Therefore, people should avoid misjudging others by getting to know them through unbiased interactions. My experience in the restaurant is an example of how stereotypes can cause adverse effects between different parties. I was judged unfairly without being given the opportunity to express my preferences.
How to Write An 800-Word Essay: Time-Saving Guide for Beginners
You were assigned to compose an 800-word paper for your class. But how to jumpstart the writing process if you’ve never dealt with such essays before? Is it possible to cope with the task with the minimum time and effort? Sure, if you use the guide, we’ve created for you.
Imagine that you were assigned a topic or you’ve chosen it yourself, the next step is making a detailed outline before getting to work. Some learners decide to miss this vital step, but this is a fatal mistake that may lead to undesirable repercussions and result in a lower grade than expected. Utilizing well-organized strategies is an optimal solution to help reduce the stress level and tension because of the assigned 800-word paper. Your essay should be structured and include a strong ending to make the last impression on the reader.
Few Tips to Remember When Doing Your Assignment
- Pick an easy topic to write your 800-word essay. It shouldn’t be too broad, so you can squeeze the information into the given frames.
- Make a plan and jot down some significant facts vital to support your viewpoint.
- Avoid making a long introduction populated with too many terms.
- Two lines will be enough for your thesis statement.
- Split the body of your paper into smaller paragraphs to make a paper easy to read.
- Use bulleted lists if needed.
- Avoid adding unimportant content in your paper or try to cut it down. Focus on the most significant and relevant information to make your essay compelling and easy to read.
- No confusing information should be written in your paper if you want to get the highest grade from your professor.
- Write the body of your essay first, the confusion and the introduction should go last. It will help you not to miss the crucial facts and to engage the reader from the first sentence.
- Proofread your essay several times to make sure it is free from any mistakes and typos.
- Think outside the box when working on your essay. It is a bad idea to write too much fluffy content. Your 800-word essay should demonstrate your writing skills and ability to put your thoughts on paper. Try to avoid using complicated phrases, vague language, and ambiguous words. Simple language, logical strings, and consistency of thoughts will help you make your essay not only attractive to the reader but worth the highest grade. Adhering to such a strategy, you’ll cope with the college task faster and get more time for doing things you really like.
Use Our Help If You Can’t Cope With Your 800-Word Essay
If all your attempts to cope with the assigned paper were vain, feel free to ask our experts for advice. We will not only help you to find relevant information regardless of the assigned topic but will craft superior-quality essays at an accessible price. There is nothing wrong in utilizing outside help when you think the assigned task is something that is over your head. We guarantee that the services rendered will help you get the desired result without the need to spend long hours trying to compose an essay or any other assignment on the tricky topic. Reaching out to our experts, you’ll have faster support with composing your 800-word paper.
Kirszner, Laurie G., and Stephen R. Mandell. The Blair reader: exploring issues and ideas. Boston: Pearson, 2014. Print.
Magistad, Mary Kay. "China's 'Leftover Women', Unmarried at 27 - BBC News". BBC News. 2013. Web. 12 Mar. 2017.
Staples, Brent. "Just walk on by a black man ponders his power to alter public space." Lit. Cavalc 50 (1998): 38.
Cite this page
800 Word Essay Sample: Writing Guide and Free Samples. (2018, Apr 08). Retrieved from https://speedypaper.net/essays/101-800-word-essay-sample
If you are the original author of this essay and no longer wish to have it published on the SpeedyPaper website, please click below to request its removal:
- Anne Bradstreet - To My Dear and Loving Husband, Poetry Analysis Essay Sample
- The Story of an Hour Response Paper Example
- Free Essay with The Song of Roland Research
- The Vacuum Poem Research - A Literary Essay Sample
- "Ceremony" by Leslie Marmon Silko. Literary Essay Sample
- Essay Example Comprising the Interview with Seth Godin
- Analysis Paper: Free Outline Template Example